1. The purpose of this website is to encourage the use of educational technology in the classroom.
2. It is my personal philosophy that using educational technology to facilitate student learning assists and promotes communication and collaboration between teacher and students.
3. Reasearch by Anderson indicates that equitable use in the classroom regarding technology creates equal treatment. Using technology in the classroom is important because it can help remove barriers in learning materials and give teachers/educators more insight into building their learning environments (2022).
4. According to research, ethical use in the classroom regarding technology creates an awareness of ethical issues before students learn how to deal with real-life situations from an ethical standpoint. Ethical use in the classroom regarding technology helps children prepare for those real-life situations such as cyberbullying and copyright issues. Ethical use in the classroom regarding technology is important because "teachers can provide a list of approved websites" and students can "assess and evaluate websites and decide whether they can trust the content." (Ethics for Technology Use in the Classroom, 2018).
5. According to research, social responsibility in the classroom regarding technology is a combination of teaching/learning skills and the use of online tools to emphasize the need to exercise certain responsibilities. Social responsibility in the classroom regarding technology is important because it teaches students to work in groups, how to problem solve, and make decisions. It can also teach them how to think critically, listen, and conflict resolution through online tools such as a virtual classroom (Teaching Social Responsibility | Morningside Center for Teaching Social Responsibility, n.d.).